The Assignment tool allows instructors to provide the details of an assignment, and have students submit their completed assignments online. Students have access to an assignment for a specified period of time.
The following instructions will demonstrate how to:
- Navigate to an assignment
- Upload completed assignment files from your computer
- Submit the assignment to your instructor through your Blackboard course
- View a submitted and graded assignment
Note: Your Instructor or Teaching Assistant will send you information on where and how to access the link to submit your assignment.
Click on the appropriate link in the Course Menu.
- Click on the title of the Assignment.
- Carefully read and follow specific instructions outlined by your Instructor and the due date assigned.
There are 3 options to upload an assignment in the Assignment Submission section.
Note: Special characters in the file name will be replaced with underscores "_".
i. Attach Assignment File
1. Click Browse My Computer
2. Locate file on your personal computer, and select the file.
3. Click Open
ii. Browse for Content Collection item
1. Click Browse for Content Collection item. A pop-up window will appear.
2. Select the file you want to upload from your Content Collection to the Assignment tool.
3. Click Submit. The pop-up window will close.
iii. Enter assignment information to the Visual Text Box Editor provided
Note: This method is not commonly used by Instructors. Read instructions for file submission from your instructor before clicking Submit.
- Click Submit to send the assignment.
a. An option has been provided to enter comments to the instructor.
b. Click Submit.
Submit - If you are required to submit multiple files, you should submit all files at the same time. Once you click submit you cannot alter your submission.
Cancel will ignore any additions you have made to the assignment.
Save as Draft allows you to save the changes you have made to the assignment, so that you may return to it within the due date.
Anonymously Graded Assignments
A notification will appear at the top of the Upload Assignment page if the assignment will be graded anonymously. This means that your name will be hidden from view when your assignment is graded.